What is Alexa? In the shortest way possible, we can define Alexa as a company that belongs to Amazon.com which collects and measures the statistics of visitors to websites. I feel as if i heard the question that you are all thinking. What kind of relationship could there be between this site and SEO? I would like to explain this step by step.
What is Alexa from the standpoint of competitive analysis?
• Even if it doesnt reflect the figures 100% accurately due to the logic of counting, because it is a reputable company you can learn the estimate ranking of your site and your rival sites on a world and national scale. Because of this, after clicking on the "site info" button at the top, a small box will appear on the screen. It is sufficient to just type in the adress of the site here that you would like to measure the statistics of.
• If you click on the "get details" button on the page that appears infront of you, in the "Traffic Stats" section you can access very valuable information such as the number of views of a page, the quick exiting of a page, the time spent on the site and the number of times that the site has been searched for in search engines.
• When you click on the "Search Analytics" section , you can learn which keywords have lead the person to the site in question. This data is especially important for learning your rival sites keywords and also for preparing a contents page that is filled with keywords or in other words AKOS.
• When you click on the above number "sites linked in", you can learn the sites that have given links to the site in question. And when you click on the "Related links" box you can learn of similar sites. To retrieve a backlink to your site it would seem logical to use your rival sites "sites linked in" data.
• And the "Clickstream" box helps you to learn in which order your site was visited by visitors. And also to learn which site they visited before coming to your site and also which sites they visited shortly after visiting your site. As you can assume this is very useful data because it helps you to learn information about your rival and to use the sites that they have used. This truly is very valuable data!
We will skip in providing you with information of the secondary statistical data of the site and instead we will answer the second most important question.
What is Alexa from the standpoint of the Optimisation of Search Engines?
• When you have uploaded the free of charge Alexa toolbar, this toolbar automatically gives the Alexa rankings of the sites you have visited, shows similar sites and it also presents you daily with attention-grabbing keywords on the Web.
• By clicking on the "Search Analytics" button you can learn the keywords of your rival sites that enable them to receive alot of traffic and you can use them too.
• By clicking on the "Sites linked in" box you can learn which sites your rivals receive their backlinks from. You can also use these sites and create new backlinks for your site.
• With "Clickstream" you can establish which sites your rivals are in contact with and you can research why your rivals site receives visitors with the help of these sites. You can use all this information in your favour.
For now this is all i have to say about Alexa. I hope that i was able to help readers figure out what Alexa is and how they can use the Alexa site.